Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tin Roof.....Rusted!

If you see a faded sign on the side of the road that says 15 miles to the Love Shack....yeah, some B-52's it is!   Well, it was a great segue into what I'm posting today anyway.  LOL.  Today, I'm sharing some projects a la' tin.  or some tin containers that I have decorated.

First is a tin lunch box I created to hold my finished cards.  I also ordered some file folder type dividers that are just the right size for my box, from Oriental Trading.  They sell the boxes and the dividers to go in them.  They are great to use for a recipe box, card box and many other uses.  Actually, I ordered tons of these lunch tins because I got them at a really low price when I ordered them in bulk.  I have some really great ideas for these including a bunco kit, that I hope to make later this year and will share that with you when I get it finished.  In the meantime, here's my cardholder with my lunch tin.

I used a Simply Scrappin kit from SU to make this (not sure what the name was) and some decoupage (Mod Podge) all over it once it was finished to protect it from wear and tear and use over time. 

The next project is a little smaller and not as practical but much more YUMMY!  It's a holder I made to hold some lucious Dove chocolate candies.


First, I painted my tin with Making Memories scrapbook paint in a rose color.  Then I cut DP the length and width I needed for the base of my tin and for the lid as well.  I used S.E.I paper from their "Jolie's Chocolate" paper collection.  It's got hues of pinks and rose along with chocolate colors.  It has glitter on every page it's sooooo yummy!!!!  Anyway, I used a corner rounder to round the edges of the paper on the lid and then I finished it off with some Rose colored rhinestones around the edge.  I used wax paper neatley folded inside to hold the chocolates.  Finally I put a really big pink gerber daisy on top that I added a smaller flower and some Smooch that I painted on to give it some glimmer and another large rhinestone in the middle of the flower. 

So it's not the Love Shack but I guarantee if you make any of these projects and give them as a gift, whomeve you give them to will be feelin' the love.

Hope to see you back real soon!

God bless and Happy Stamping!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment