Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Little Black Dress Approved

The other day while doing some shopping for necessities for myself and my twins (they are just now starting to wear deodorant and need "special soap" for cleaning their faces...they are growing up so fast...), and I saw some deodorant labeled "Little Black Dress Approved" and thought "what will they think of next?"  LOL.  It reminded me of this card I made a while back.  It uses a stamp from one of my vintage stamp providers, B Line Designs.  I first discovered them at a stamp convention I attended several years back (and have attended every year since!) in Cincinnati, OH about the 2nd weekend in August every year.  I mentioned in one of my prior posts about my love of things vintage and things that have a vintage edge to them (you can see that post HERE).  Well, this card goes right along with that, but I also wanted to give a freshness to the card as well. 

I decided to use Bashful Blue and some funky and fresh damask DP I had (not sure who makes it) that is black and white with a touch of Bashful Blue in it as well.  Again hard to see in the photo, and again I need a better camera.  LOL  Maybe if I say it enough it will happen right?  I used a white eyelet ribbon and the image is stamped using Black Craft ink and some glittery embossing powder I have from Judikins.  I thought the ribbon continued the vintage feel while still giving a freshness or lightness to the card.  Here is a close up of the saying on the front-I used my computer to generate it.





I also decided to add to the rest of the phrase on the inside of the card and I stamped a single damask image on the inside as well, again in Bashfull Blue.  This was a card I created with my monthly stamp group.  We are getting together again this Friday and the challenge it to use the oldest stamp set we have.  I have my set picked out, but it is so old I am really having a rough time brainstorming creatively with it.  We will see!  I think it will be interesting to see what I come up with as well as all my other gal pals.  Come back to see....

That's all I have for today.  Hope you enjoyed my post (sometimes I feel like no one is out there...LOL).  Check back again soon for some other fun projects; remember I have some My Favorite Things projects to break out soon and they are NEW RELEASES so you'll want to check back to see what' in store with MFT

Take care and Happy Stamping!                                                                                                                

Melissa                                                                                                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment