Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's Not Quite Spring....

I couldn't wait to share with you this cute little guy.  It's a digi image!  I have been browsing digi images here and there for a while, just haven't really gotten into them.  For me, I love the feel of things.  I've always been a texturally oriented person.  When I was little I wouldn't eat jello because it was too squishy.  I wouldn't eat spaghetti once because my papaw teased me and told me it was just worms so every time I took a bite (and I only took like 2 after that!) I thought for sure I FELT worms in my mouth!  Crazy I know, but to this day I love texture and the feel of things.  I like to feel the stamps, touch the paper, rub the ribbon, etc.  So digi stamps were foreign to me as is digital scrapbooking (though I am starting to dip my toes in that pond.). 

When a friend of mine (Yes, you Felicia) challenged me to use a digi image, I found TONS of cute stuff, but this little guy was my favorite.  He captured my heart at first glance and I enjoyed using him in this card. 
Isn't he adorable?  He is called "Cozy Winter Owl" and you can check him out HERE at Whimsy Stamps.  They have tons of cute images and this one in particular is part of their MELJEN Designs collection.
For this card I used some My Minds Eye paper and some dew drops, my Labels 4 Nestabilities die, and some Vanilla satin ribbon.  I used the Eyelet Border Punch from SU and couple of small pearls.  I also used Copics to color this in but it's been so long since I've made it I can't remember the colors.  Here are two more close ups of the card for you.

The snow on the branch and the furry parts of his stocking cap are colored with a white gel pen.

I hope you enjoyed my sweet owl card as much as I did making it.  Come back for more fun projects I have to share with you!

Take care and Happy Stamping!

Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I don't see the "couple of small pears" that you used? Did you eat them instead of a couple of pieces of chocolate while creating? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I guess I meant to say "pearls" hahahah. Thanks Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!!!! Thx 4 the "shout out"! I made headlines....well almost!

    ReplyDelete