Thursday, March 17, 2011

If Snowballs Were Kisses.....

...I'd send them all your way!  That was what I thought when I saw this stamp set by Impression Obsession.  This was another one of my Stamp Away USA Convention finds.  Actually, one of my besties, Noelle, who I was walking with at the convention kept talking about these adorable little snow people from IO and I said you have to show them to me.  When she did, I had to have them.  Here is my first project with the set:

And the inside:

I cannot even tell you the DP I used because it was some random sheets I got a my local SS.  I did use some brown satin ribbon and a large, filigree antique brad and a couple of smaller antique brads.  I used 2-way glue and some Dazzling Diamonds on my snow people. The sentiment on the front and inside are computer generated.  The solid CS are Taken with Teal and Chocolate Chip (SU) and I do know that the brocade patterened DP in the red color is from Daisy D's but I don't know where the blue snowflake paper came from.  Here is a close up shot of the snow people so you can see their glitter.

Next is a card made with another image from IO of these adorable snow people.  It is an image of a snow mommy (or daddy) helping their little snow baby put a star atop the tree  And it's sort of a "Charlie Brown" tree, but because I was making this a shaker card, I was only able to get "head shots" of them for this card.

And the inside:
Here are a few close up shots of the shaker contaier.  This card uses some silver grosgrain and some of my favorite DP, Basic Grey (one of the winter or Christmas collections).  And my large scallop circle punch by Marvy. I used some Snow Sprinkle product from Martha Stewart and I also used some mini snowflakes from a snowflake border punch that I have, inside the shaker. I took a couple different angles so you could get a good look.
And last but not least, is my FAVORITE image from this family of snow people (though there are a few more on my list to get).  This image cracks me up!

As you can see it's a mommy snow person and her 3 kids (which I just happen to also have, LOL) and one of her snowbabies has lost it's head and in true sibling fashion, one snowkid is mortified {gasp!} and the other can't contain his laughter at the sight!  How cute is this?  This is an image that definately brings a smile.  Here's what I did for the inside, it's computer generated, but I thought it went great with this image.

And another close up of the image

This card again uses DP by Basic Grey and some felt snowflakes along with a large rhinestone brad for a little extra sparkle.  Then some 2 way glue and more Dazzling Diamonds.  The base is Baja Breeze (SU) and some 1" Baja Breeze stitched grosgrain.  The little deco edge down the left side was made using a Snowflake punch that also embosses by Martha Stewart.

Lucky for us, as much as we love snow people, we are saying bye to them for the year.  It's starting to feel like spring around here today.  It hit a high of 65 degrees today! 

In a couple of days I'll be able to show you my project I created for tomorrow night's shoebox swap with my besties.  I'm looking so forward to stamping with my favorite people.  Though one of my gal pals will be coming late as she has some family stuff she needs to do, I'm getting to see a fellow stamper who hasn't been able to join us in a while so I'm excited.  I LOVE my finished project but can't share it until after the other gals have had a chance to see it and make it...don't want to ruin the surprise.  Tomorrow I have some other fun projects I've dug out of my photo closet to show you.  See you back here real soon.

Take care and Happy Stamping!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment