Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to my youngest peanut!

I haven't posted since Thursday last week because it has been a busy weekend and part of it was to celebrate my youngest's 8th birthday.  She and my twins were all in a play at church this weekend called "GPS-God's Plan of Salvation" and it was soooooo cute!  We spent Friday night and most of Saturday in dress rehearsals and then Sunday, March 13th was her actual birthday and the night of the play.  Here's a picture of the group of kids in their play t-shirts:
My twins are the 2 in the front row with glasses on...yes, they are identical.  And my youngest is on the 3rd row of the kids sitting, second from the left.  These kids have worked the last 3 months, 2 1/2 hours every Sunday afternoon, and 1 hour each Wed. evening to practice.  They did such an awesome job last night.

Here's a pic of my birthday girl!   Yes, it's a pic from Christmas, but I like it.


So, I don't have a ton of projects to share because of all this going on but I do have my daughter's birthday card to share with you. 

For this card, I used SU products:  DP from this year's SAB brochure, Melon Mambo textured CS for the base, Regal Rose Textured CS for the small background square, and for the Balloons I just punched different CS from the same DP pack using the 1/2" circle punch.  The cute little penguin uses the Owl Punch from SU, I just clipped the ears to make it a penguin...isn't it cute?  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment comes from SU's "Bring on the Cake" stamp set.   I have been wanting to use SU's pom pom trim for some time but never had a project that it was quite right for but I think it goes perfect with this card.  Here I used it in Melon Mambo.  I used silver cord as the birthday balloon strings. 

Please be sure to stop by tomorrow for some fun "glitzy" projects using some stamps from Outlines Rubber Stamp company.  And coming up later this week, I'll have some project to share using some new stamps and products I got last week from My Favorite Things.

Take care and Happy Stamping!

Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment