Friday, March 18, 2011

I almost forgot and one other thing!

I got so carried away yesterday with my snow family that I wanted to show you, that I almost forgot (well, I did forget actually) to share my St. Patty's Day card with you.  I used a heart punch to create a 3 leaf clover.

I used a stamp set called "Always" by SU and a large heart punch to cut out the hearts.  I have another flower stamp set that has a stem in it so I just used that for the stem of the clover.  The "Lucky" definition comes from a set called "Define Your Life" also by SU.  Card base is chocolate chip and a layer of Certainly Celery, then Wild Wasabi, and a layer of Prints DP in Certainly Celery.  I finished it off with some strips of wide chocolate grosgrain and a rhinestone brad.

I also thought I would share a sneek peak at a project I made for an upcoming craft fair I'll be doing with friend of mine at the end of the month.  


I found these little wooden boxes last year at the Dollar Tree for yep, $1. What a steal right?  I think decoupaged it with Mod Podge and glammed it up with some felt flowers, ribbon, and rub ons.  Easy peasy for sure!  I think this would make a cute pencil holder for your desk or a great way to give a friend some yummy chocolate.

And finally, my twins were browsing my blog ( I actually do have a fan club of 3 - my kids, lol) and they noticed that I had posted a photo of my youngest on her birthday.  They were a little bummed that I hadn't yet posted a photo of them, so I told them I would.  This photo is a little older, back last summer, and they've had their hair trimmed since then, but it's basically them.  Kaylan in the lighter pink is on the left, and Raegan in the darker  pink is on the right.  If you are wondering, yes they are identical and yes we still get them mixed up.  If their hair wasn't the EXACT same shade of red, maybe we would do better but even as their mom, I still get them mixed up if I'm saying a name quickly or if I just get a side or back view of them.  But it's fun having them and they are certainly a double blessing.  I don't know what I did to deserve the blessing of identical twin girls, but I'm forever grateful that He entrusted them to my care.


Well, that's all I have for you today. Tonight is my stamping swap group and I'm so excited to stamp with my besties tonight and fellowship with them.  I'll be back tomorrow to finally get to show you the project I created for tonight's stamping.  Have a great evening and be sure and check back tomorrow for creation to be revealed....

God bless and Happy Stamping!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment