Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Shout Out from Yo Peeps

I love, love, love Easter chicks.  I think they are so much a part of what you think about when you think of Easter.  Mostly because they signify new life and that is what we received when Christ died for us on the cross, then rose again.  But just because they signify new life and the huge sacrifice Christ made on our behalf, doesn't mean we can't have fun with them right?  So check out this card to see if these twisted chicks are right up your alley.
I used the stamp set A Good Egg from SU for this set, along with some sunglasses from a retired set (can't remember the name but it's something about summer, lol).  I masked the 2 chicks behind the first and then paper pieced the egg "skirts" on the chicks.  I typed the sentiment using an open font on my computer and mounted it on some chocolate chip c/s and also used some dotted DP in So Saffron.  I used flower punch to punch out the flowers on the card and it really was as simple as that.  Here is a close up of the image.

And since I'm sharing this set with you I'm going to also share another card I made using this set.  With Easter right around the corner, I thought you might enjoy seeing these projects today.


I also masked the chicks on this card, but I made the chick in the forefront the star of the show here.  I used some Rose Red DP and Wild Wasabi DP along with So Saffron accent CS.  I used some Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain and some Saffron brads.  I glittered up the main chick with some dazzling diamonds.

Hope you enjoy these chicks as much I did making them.  Join me later this week for more fun!

God bless and Happy Stamping!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment