Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Puttin on the Glitz!

I have some super glitzy, super blingy (is that a word?) cards to share with you today.  And, they are for something a little unexpected...Easter!  I think of easter as pastels and soft colors; fluffy chicks and green grass.  But these projects created with stamps and Swarovski crystals from Outlines pack punch of color and bling no Easter card has ever seen.  Well, maybe, but it sure sounds good right?

First up are 2 cards that are basically the same, just different colors of markers and crystals used.
For this first one, I used Crushed Curry as a base, Bermuda Bay (also used a texture plate on this but this is so hard to see in this photo; I have GOT to get a better camera or angle or something...but that's a project I can't tackle yet.), Melon Mambo as my other layer and the matching Melon Mambo polka dot grosgrain.  I used the coordinating markers to color the eggs and flowers and then used some of my Light Rose, Amethyst, and Citrine swarovski crystals on the main egg.


Same concept on this second card, just rearranged the cardstock colors.  I think this is my favorite card.  Instead of using Concord Crush on the eggs, here I used more Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo with a splash of Crushed Curry.  I used my Aqua and Citrine crystals for this card and some punches from SU.

Below is my absolute favorite set from Outlines.

I just LOVE this little bunny!  I tried to angle the card so that you could really see the Light Rose crystals on this card.  All of their stamps are designed with the crystals in mind.  You can use as little or as many as you want with most stamps and you can even create jewelry using the stamps and crystals.  Your creativity can go wild with their products!!!  These were fun to make and I love me some bling.

Well, quick post tonight....I have lots of stuff to do as well as prepare a project for my monthly swap night.  That's where me and several of my closest friends get together once a month and we stamp each others card creations. Usually there is a theme and this month's theme is to use your oldest SU stamp set and the challenge is if you choose not to use it, you must sell it!  WHEW!  What a task.  I'll share my project with you from the swap after the swap...don't want to spoil the surprise for my girls!

Come back for more projects tomorrow.....
Take care and Happy Stamping!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment